LIFE ISN'T ABOUT FINDING YOURSELF. LIFE IS ABOUT CREATING YOURSELF.

Friday, September 7, 2012

You Named Your Child What?

When it comes to naming another human being, it can prove to be a difficult task.  I remember being pregnant and reading tons of baby name books, name searching on the Internet & asking friends their opinions.  First lesson learned: never ask family or friends for their opinion because you might not like what they have to say!  I was shocked at how forward people were with their responses to some of the baby names I had picked.  It almost ruins your own opinion of the name and causes you to shy away from it for fear of being ridiculed by everyone around you.  I really wanted a unique or less traditional name for my son.  I don't find anything wrong with common names but for myself, I just felt like I wanted my son to have a name that no other child in his class would have.  It gets confusing when there are 3 kids with the same name in one class room!  After lots of searching and a time span 8 months & 30 days I finally decided on a name for my son.  On April 28th, 2009 I named my first born: Cruz Carter

I love unique names as much as the next person but there is a fine line between unique and down right ridiculous!  Check out this list of names I've come across that people actually named their child.  Some of these will leave you saying, you named your child WHAT?!?!

Seven Sirius
Fifi Trixibelle
Peaches Honeyblossom
Little Pixie
Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily
Moxie CrimeFighter
Poppy Honey
Daisy Boo
Racer Maximilliano
Rebel Antonio
Audio Science
Oranjello and Lemonjello (twin boys)
Peanut Kai
Muffin Zappa
Bluebell Madonna
Jermajesty
Moon Unit
Pilot Inspektor
Sage Moonblood
Memphis Eve
Mayflower
Elleighette
Braxlee
Adorabelle
Providence
Sketch

This is just a short list of a very long one that could be displayed.  May you never find yourself to be one of "those" people whom name their child something absolutely ridiculous!

peace & love
bj



No comments:

Post a Comment