LIFE ISN'T ABOUT FINDING YOURSELF. LIFE IS ABOUT CREATING YOURSELF.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Driven

Have you ever wanted something so bad that you just cannot accept no for an answer?  You end up pushing yourself to the brink in order to achieve that dream you've been chasing.  You almost feel desperation to reach that dream at any cost.  It can drive you crazy, cause you to spend way too much money & ruin relationships that you have with people.  Being a driven person has pros and cons.  I personally feel that the pros outweigh the cons in most cases.

Some people are born extremely driven individuals.  I would consider myself to be one of those people.  As long as I can remember, I have always had this spark inside of me that made me want more, be/do better and pushed me to my limits.  My friends joke with me that when I make up my mind on something and I decide to pursue it, I attack it at 100 mph.  There is no in between for me.  I would have to agree with those friends.  I am truly passionate about the things I want to achieve and will try my hardest during the pursuit of obtaining them.  I have the type of personality in which I could never sit back and let life slide by while simply existing. 

I find it so hard to watch people around me who have zero determination to achieve anything in life.  There is a difference in being content with your life and just being down right lazy. With how I view the world I believe that making the most out of your experience on earth is based around continually making yourself better or making someone else's life better.  You can disagree or fight & argue with me about your viewpoint but it still will not change the pure fact of how I feel.  I don't see how it can be beneficial to coast through life, live off of others' money, be unhealthy, make poor decisions, be rude or unkind and not contribute one thing to society.  You don't have to be famous, be a millionaire, or any other higher profile individual to make some sort of impact.  Just plainly do something out of the goodness of your heart.  Volunteer, donate, help others in need, hold the door open for someone...doing something so simple can bring a little more brightness into another person's world.  I am so tired of people being selfish, playing the victim, creating drama and taking zero initiative to make their lives better.  You are the soul person responsible for how you feel and view the world so if you don't like your current situation, change it!

I am a true believer in you get what you give.  I want to go through this life and know that I did everything possible to live it to the fullest.  I do not want to be an aged white haired woman who wished she would have done more when her body was able.  I want to be remembered as a woman that was determined, strong, appreciative, kind hearted, loving & giving.  I want to look back and think: "Man, I had one hell of a life!" 

Ultimately, we all choose our own paths to walk down.  I have made the commitment to myself to make the most memorable life I can.  So, am I driven?  Yes.  I am driven to succeed, be happy, live fully, be accomplished, make memories, make an impact, be remembered & flourish in the little time that we do have.

peace & love
bj

Live simply, care deeply, speak kindly, love generously, and leave the rest to God.


No comments:

Post a Comment