LIFE ISN'T ABOUT FINDING YOURSELF. LIFE IS ABOUT CREATING YOURSELF.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pride & Joy

As I am sitting here on the ground with my 3 year old son snuggled up with his blanket lying on my lap and typing with one hand very slowly, I can't help but smile and be filled with joy & thanks.  Cruz is hands down the best thing I've done in my life thus far.  He is definitely my pride & joy.  Having a child has swelled my heart with so much love.  Cruz holds the power to completely wipe the long work day slate clean and makes me forget any worries I have the very instant I see him. 

Tonight we had gymnastics and it was in those simple 30 minutes that I had one of those deeply appreciative moments.  Watching him play, giggle & learn something new made my heart smile.  It excites me to no end to think about watching him grow and participate in sports.  I will probably be that super loud (maybe slightly annoying) mother cheering him on, running down the sidelines "with" him, dragging around my camera bag/lenses/tripod and I will have no shame while doing so.

This summer marks the very beginning of watching him learn and grow into the little athlete & person I know he is meant to be. There might be tears shed, scrapped knees to bandage & kisses given to make it all better, but in order to achieve greatness... there is always a bump or two along the way. Here is to many more years of excitement, cheering, pride & joy in whatever my little one decides to do! 

xoxo
bj


check out the rest of the photos I took from gymnastic classes on my B.J. Photos page

No comments:

Post a Comment