LIFE ISN'T ABOUT FINDING YOURSELF. LIFE IS ABOUT CREATING YOURSELF.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Crockpot Creamy Chicken Wild Rice Soup

Fall is like a reminder that we should all start pulling out our crockpots so we can make those hearty & toasty warm dishes that make are families happy and their tummies full!  I am a self-proclaimed crockpot lover because of the ease that comes through cooking with one.  Who has that much spare time these days?  I know I don't.  That is the beauty of cooking crockpot recipes.  Give yourself an extra 10 - 15 mins in the morning before rushing out the door and you can be enjoying a delicious meal within minutes of returning home from a hard day's work.  Plus, most of the recipes I have for my crockpot are SO SIMPLE!  You really have to work hard to screw them up.

As I was rummaging through my "junk/everything" drawer  last night I came across my Creamy Chicken Wild Rice Soup crockpot recipe.  I thought of how yummy it was last winter when I made it and decided it was time to pull out my trusty ole' crockpot to make it again.  I made sure I had all the essential ingredients.  Score, I did!  So I made up my mind that I was going to get up a little early to throw it together. 

As I sit here writing this, I know I will arrive home to a lovely smelling kitchen and 20 minutes of final preparation to pure appetite bliss. Without further ado, here is the recipe.

CREAMY CHICKEN WILD RICE SOUP
  • 1 lb. chicken (I use slender cut boneless chicken breast tenders cut into 1 inch pieces)
  • 1/2 cup wild rice (uncooked)
  • 2 can (10 3/4 oz.) cream of potato condensed soup
  • 1 can (14 oz.) chicken broth
  • 2 cups frozen sliced carrots
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1/4 cup chopped celery
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon cracked pepper
  • 1 cup half-and-half

Place chicken in 4 quart crockpot.  Mix in wild rice, onions, celery, soup, broth, carrots and seasonings.

Cover & cook on low heat setting for 8 hours

Stir in half-and-half, Increase heat setting to High. (if it seems too thick, add more chicken broth)

Cover & cook for 20 minutes.

Serve & Enjoy!

peace & love
bj

(raw ingredients freshly put into crockpot)

(raw ingredients all mixed together and ready for their 8 hour journey)

(finished product)


No comments:

Post a Comment