LIFE ISN'T ABOUT FINDING YOURSELF. LIFE IS ABOUT CREATING YOURSELF.

Friday, October 12, 2012

Creative Outlet

Having a creative outlet or forum is pretty important to me.  I have always loved being creative in one way or another.  Discovering that photography and writing are the most rewarding creative outlets has been awesome.  I love the fact that I can change some body's mood by the post that I write or the photographs that I take.  These creative outlets are "feel good" ways for me to express my individuality.  It is the part of me that is a "people pleaser" that looks to find ways to make others happy by something that I can do.

Writing has proven to be a way for me to be brave, straight forward, honest and blunt with my opinions.  I have received a couple of personal emails from followers thanking me for putting myself out there.  They praised my ability to connect with readers and show them you don't have to be perfect to be happy.  How cool is that?  The fact that some people have felt that way because of me is so rewarding & encourages me to continue writing from the heart. Being myself and having others accept that is one of the best feelings.

Photography has been a way for me to continue learning.  I love finding out new things.  The sense of accomplishment that I get from mastering something new in photography is overwhelming.  It makes me feel smart, important and empowered.  Being able to use the self-taught knowledge in photography to provide portraits for clients tops the cake.

Obviously, you can read all of the post that I've written for My Wonderfully Imperfect Life blog in the achieve folders at the bottom of the page.  If you would like to view the work that I've done in photography, I invite you to visit my website: www.brittanyjohnsonphotography.com

Lastly, if you truly like or enjoy something that I've written or photographed...let me know!  I would love to hear your thoughts, opinions & suggestions.

peace & love
bj

No comments:

Post a Comment