LIFE ISN'T ABOUT FINDING YOURSELF. LIFE IS ABOUT CREATING YOURSELF.

Friday, October 12, 2012

What A Ride

When my best friend got married this past summer I heard a quote for the very first time in my life that has resonated with me and pops into my head often.  I found it to be fitting for my view of life.  The older I get, the more I see how things make sense and the deeper meanings behind them.  Life is one large over arching lesson and what you take from it is the beauty within your journey.

This morning was one of those mornings that this quote came back to me and made me smile because its words ring true.  Lately, I haven't been feeling quite my best and in those moments I wonder why am I going through this.  I remind myself to stop and look at it as a test of strength, courage and faith.  I am being challenged to see how much I can mentally and physically handle.  I will not feel sorry for myself.  I will not give up.  I will look things straight in the eye and say, "Bring it on; I got this!"  Everything we encounter is all a part of the ride. 

Learn to be thankful, humble and soak up every second you have because tomorrow is not guaranteed.  Wallowing is self pity, becoming depressed and purposely being hurtful will not get you anywhere and doesn't add value to your life.  These are just a couple of examples of lessons I've learned in my twenty-some odd years.

I hope you can read this and find the same appreciate for it as I have.  Thank you Karen for sharing this and providing me another great insight as to how to look at this life that I've been given and finding the blessings stitched throughout!

Life is not a journey to the grave
With the intention of
Arriving safely in a pretty
And well preserved body,
But rather to skid in broadside,
Thoroughly used up,
Totally worn out,
And loudly proclaiming,

WOW!!!! What a ride!

peace & love
bj

No comments:

Post a Comment