LIFE ISN'T ABOUT FINDING YOURSELF. LIFE IS ABOUT CREATING YOURSELF.

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Photography vs. Hunting

You know, I'm always thinking about photography and how much I love it.  I started to wonder what it is comparable to for a guy.  Well, the more and more I thought about it the more I couldn't help but notice the crazy likeness photography and hunting have!  I am serious folks...I started to scare myself with the similarities I thought of.  Here is a list of things I've compiled that point out their commonalities:

1 | We both shoot things.
2 | We have to wait patiently for the right moment to capture what we want
3 | There is always a lot of time involved in processing after we have shot something
4 | The cost of a kick-ass rifle is equivalent to a pretty decent DSLR body
5 | You can get a new lens for the price of a new tree climber stand
6 | You can carry your gear by a strap
7 | We love being outdoors
8 | The best times to be outside for shooting something are at dusk & dawn
9 | Sometimes the best shot comes from laying on your stomach in wet grass
10 | You walk through water and mud to get to where you want to
11 | Locking in on your target involves lining up your crosshairs
12 | We could fill a room with our equipment
13 | We could spend all day doing it
14 | We both have to search nature for the right conditions and locations
15 | Both experience seasonality (wedding season / deer season)
16 | Having one rifle or DSLR is never enough, seriously...I want more gear!
17 | We feel extremely proud after a successful shoot
18 | Learning to be invisible is a valuable trait
19 | Our walls are filled with our proudest moments hanging on them
20 | It is something we want to teach our children how to do




Crazy huh?!? 
xoxo
bj

No comments:

Post a Comment