LIFE ISN'T ABOUT FINDING YOURSELF. LIFE IS ABOUT CREATING YOURSELF.

Friday, March 2, 2012

8 Things I'd Ask God

No worries people...I am not going to get all Holy Roller church lady on you in this post!

There are certain times in my life that I just wish I could ask someone to give me the answer(s) to what I'm searching for.  Wouldn't life be so much easier if we knew all the answers?  I'm sure it would be fairly less exciting though.  In any case, I sometimes struggle finding the "right" answer.  The questions I struggle with are not your typical everyday ones like, "What do I wear" or "Where should I go for lunch".  The ones that trouble me and I get all confused over are the life changing questions...the so called "big" life questions. 

I am psychological sound enough to know that I could never ask a question to a magical crystal ball and get the answer I seek.  Shaking a magic 8 ball isn't a good alternative either; although, those are pretty fun.  Lastly, I pretty am certain that easy button we see on those TV commercials for Staples don't exist.  If they do...please share it you hoarders!  After exhausting those options I am left to ask one other...God.  I'm not going to lie, it would be pretty amazing to be able to sit down with God and ask him a list of questions.  If that opportunity ever arises, I will be prepared with my list of questions I've created.  I will also be soliciting the experience and compare myself to the Virgin Mary but this situation is highly unlikely.  However...I'm prepared just in case.

1 | God... Should Brant & I have a second child?  This is something I struggle with on a daily basis.  Deciding to grow our family if definitely one of the "big" life questions.  I ask myself so many questions within questions to justify pros and cons to having another child and before you know it, I've thoroughly confused myself.  It doesn't help that EVERYONE asks us this question all the time too.  I'm already getting frustrated writing about it so it is time to move onto question number two.

2 | What really happens after we die?  Is there this insanely awesome heaven where we get to be with all those who've passed before us or is it nothingness?  Death doesn't scare me as much as not knowing what awaits me after I die.  If God could reassure me there is a heaven, that'd be cool.

3 | Will I have made a profound impact on anyone's life?  I know that I will have made an impact on my son's life and my family but I find that it would be completely gratifying to know that I could impact a complete stranger's life.  This is the reason that I am listed as an organ donor on my driver's license.  If I were to die and doctors could harvest my organs to give someone else the chance to live, why wouldn't I?

4 | Should I continue to follow my passion in Photography?  Being self employed has its benefits and drawbacks.  Currently, I have good insurance and a 401K.  Owning my own business means not having those available.  It would be OK if my husband could provide them but he is also self employed.  So, do I continue to try and build a business & client base or gracefully bow out?  I'm sure there is a happy medium that I just have to find.

5 | Do we stay living in our 2 bedroom home or should we consider building more of a dream home?  Bigger means more money and should we really be considering it?  Maybe this question should be tabled for a couple of years.

6 | Why is there so much suffering in the world?  I have a really hard time wrapping my head around countries that have been in civil wars for decades and countries that have a large percentage of their population dying from starvation.  Why would you allow for such indecencies to occur?  Perhaps I want my world to be a little more rainbows and sunshine...I just wish people, especially children didn't have to suffer as much as they do.

7 | Should I compromise as much as I do?  I am notorious for being a people pleaser.  I have always been the one to try to make others happy.  I have done this at my own expense and I wish I could be able to distinct when I should stand my ground firmly or make others happy.

8 | Lastly, could you give me the numbers for a winning Powerball ticket that has a cash payout of roughly 40 million dollars?  This is obviously not as serious as the other questions but I would love to not worry about money...ever again!

What would you ask God if you had the chance?


No comments:

Post a Comment