LIFE ISN'T ABOUT FINDING YOURSELF. LIFE IS ABOUT CREATING YOURSELF.

Friday, February 3, 2012

Super Bowl Appetizer Option

Tonight we had some good friends come over and I prepared one of our favorite meals to share with them.  All day while I was at work I contemplated trying to make a new appetizer.  With it being just after the new year I know healthy foods are on people's minds so I tried to keep this appetizer light and tasty.  After some careful consideration I decided on what I wanted to tackle... tomato, basil & mozzarella bites.  The recipe I found was super simple.  I picked up what I needed from the grocery store after work and rushed home to get busy in my kitchen.  The bites turned out to be a light and lovely little snack to munch on while our pork roast and sides finished up!  Here is the recipe I used (SO SIMPLE!):

Prep Time:15 Min |  Ready In:15 Min | Serves:8
Ingredients
  • 15 grape or cherry tomatoes
  • 15 fresh basil leaves
  • 15 small balls/cubes fresh mozzarella cheese
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 15 toothpicks

Directions

  1. Using a toothpick, spear a tomato, a piece of basil, a mozzarella ball/cube. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Place on a serving dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix the vinegar and oil together in a small bowl to serve as a dipping sauce.
IT IS HONESTLY THAT SIMPLE!  THIS WOULD BE A GREAT OPTION FOR SUPER BOWL SUNDAY!

Here are some photos of this recipe:






1 comment:

  1. It's one my favorites to have with my gal pals...none of my family will eat tomatoes, so I have to make them for myself! I actually picked up the fixin's yesterday at the store for the big game tomorrow. Too bad Jeff will be in France and will have to miss it :( He was gone for last year's big game too! He's sick of traveling, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete